Well, it seems I’ve taken quite a long break from my blog. Let’s see what your Miss Expatria’s been doing with all her non-blogging time.
1. Cal and I had our best August ever at work. Historically, August is a BLEAK month for freelancers. I think we’re finally starting to get ahead of the game. And by ahead, I literally mean not behind. It’ll be a while still before we can afford my dream house, which is inexplicably, maddeningly in Honolulu, but apparently for sale.
2. The Happy Hotelier has posted my replies to his famous 10 Questions. I’ve done a couple of other interviews, too, although they’re not out yet. Expat Women posted one of my favorite stories. And starting this month I’ll be Planet Eye’s new local expert for Montpellier!
3. I had a long, hilarious phone date with my best friend of 28 years (!), The Dew. She and her husband have had a good year, and now they’re seriously threatening to FINALLY come over and visit! I’m to prepare a full brief and budget for The Dew. I’m not sure if Europe is ready for her.
4. The amazing and very busy Serenella of Toscana Mia is putting the finishing touches on two e-books we’ve written together, soon to be available through her site – one about how to buy real estate in Italy, and one about how to get married in Italy. They were so much fun to work on, and I’m thrilled that Serenella’s team and I have a wonderful working relationship.
5. We’re going to Le Bouzou next weekend with the Montpel expat gang to see fabulous Lu off for a second time – she’s going back to England again! I love Le Bouzou. It’s an exotic food buffet featuring delicacies from all over the world. And at the end of the meal, they give you chocolate and vanilla cigarettes and candies! And there are dancing girls! It’s a crazy place that always delivers a good time.
If you ever want to know what’s going on with me when I haven’t posted in a while, head over to my Tumblr blog – I update it throughout the day with interesting little Internet gems and my trademark charm and wit.
The title for this post comes from the first line in the song Occasioni Andate, by my friend and esteemed Gay Mafia rockstar Luca Bizzi. Check out his music – he’s awesome!